We, at Compete (“Compete”, “we”, “us” or “our”), put great efforts in making sure that we secure Personal Data related to you and use it properly.
Compete provides a proprietary software-as-a-service platform which provides insights on compensation and benefits benchmarks based on aggregated employee compensation and benefits data of Compete customers (the “Service”). Compete’s website is located here (the “Website”).
This policy applies to visitors of the Site, who only view publicly -available content (“Visitors”), our customers who have signed up to access and use the Service (“Customers”), and Customers’ employees or contractors, authorized by Customer to access and use the Service (“Users”).
on including IP addresses and user agent (UA). We collect session durations and additional activity information.
Personal Data That You Provide Us
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. For example, when you contact us via the Website of the Service, receive any information you provide us.
When you request a demo of our Service, or when you sign up to use the Service, you provide us with the following information: your name, country of residence, professional email address and telephone number, title, working position and name of employer.
When you choose to sign up for our Service with your Google or any other third-party account, you are also authorizing us to receive, store, and use such information that you have agreed that Google or such other third parties could provide to us through their application programming interface.
If you are a paying user of the Service, we receive your payment transaction details (for example, your name, the amount paid and the date of payment), from the payment service provider that processed your payment.
When you contact us to apply for a job with us, you provide us with Personal Data related to you, which we process for recruitment and general HR purposes. For these purposes, we engage Comeet Technologies, Inc., who develop and operate a recruiting and applicant tracking platform (“Comeet”). For further information, please see Comeet’s Privacy Notice for Job Candidates, available here.
Personal Data That We Collect
Like many websites, we use “cookies” (for further information about cookies, please see our Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies Policy), and we obtain information when your browser accesses our Website.
When you use the Service, we also receive information about your Service activity from third-party analytics services. For more information, please see the “Aggregated and Analytical Information” section of this policy.
Examples of such information we collect and analyze include the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your access device to the Internet; login; e-mail address; access device and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
You may allow us to interact with one or more third-party social networks or platforms (such as LinkedIn and Facebook), which will provide data about you to us (“Social Network”).
The information you allow us to access varies by a Social Network, and it is affected by the privacy settings you and those that you are connected with establish while using such Social Networks.
What Do We Do With Personal Data?
We use Personal Data related to you for the following purposes:
- To provide you and other Users and Visitors with the Website and the Service;
- To provide you with notifications related to your use of the Service, such as electronic newsletters or promotional e-mails;
- To solicit your feedback and provide support;
- To maintain the Website and the Service and to make them better;
- To continue developing the Website and the Service; and,
- To inform you of our products and services.
We obey the law and expect you to do the same. If necessary, we will use Personal Data related to you to enforce our terms, policies, and legal agreements, to comply with court orders and warrants, and assist law enforcement agencies, to collect debts, prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity thefts and any other misuse of the Service, and to take any action in any legal dispute and proceeding.
We commit to process Personal Data related to you solely for the purposes described in this policy.
Who do we Share Personal Data related to you with?
We do not sell, rent, or lease Personal Data related to you.
We may also share Personal Data related to you with our agents worldwide and with third-party service providers which process Personal Data related to you on our behalf. However, such agents and service providers will be contractually bound to keep Personal Data related to you confidential and appropriately secure.
A merger, acquisition or any other structural change will require us to transfer Personal Data related to you to another entity, as part of the structural change, provided that the receiving entity will comply with this policy.
We will share Personal Data related to you only subject to the terms of this policy, or subject to your prior consent.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Authorities
We will need to disclose Personal Data related to you in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Aggregated and Analytical Information
We use standard analytics tools. The privacy practices of these tools are subject to their own privacy policies, and they use their own cookies to provide their service.
We use the standard analytics tools of Google Analytics, and we will use additional or other analytics tools, from time to time, to learn about how you and other users use the Service, in support of our Service-related activities and operations.
We use anonymous, statistical, or aggregated information and will share it with our partners for legitimate business purposes. It has no effect on your privacy, because there is no reasonable way to extract data from the aggregated information that we or others can associate specifically to you.
We will give you choices about the ways we use and share Personal Data related to you, and we will respect the choices you make.
We may send newsletters or promotional communications to our Users. To unsubscribe to these communications, you will be required to click an “Unsubscribe” link in these emails and confirm the email address for which you would like to unsubscribe.
We collect and receive Personal Data related to you that we need for the purposes described in this policy. You can stop using the Service at any time, thereafter we will stop collecting Personal Data related to you. However, we may store and continue to use or make available certain Personal Data related to you as detailed above.
You may request that your account be terminated, and that Personal Data related to you be deleted by contacting us. Any termination of your account may involve deletion of your account information from our live databases and all the information and data stored for such account in the Service.
You may request a copy of the Personal Data related to you that we store about you by contacting us. You may also request that Compete transfer Personal Data related to you or provide you with copies of such Personal Data to enable its transfer to a third party.
When we delete Personal Data related to you that we have collected from or about you, it will be deleted from our active databases but may remain in our archives. Although Compete may deactivate a user’s registration pursuant to their request, it may continue to retain the user’s information for legitimate business purposes as set forth above.
Web browsers offer a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signal. A DNT signal is a HTTP header field indicating your preference for tracking your activities on a service or through cross-site user tracking. Our Website and Service do not respond to DNT signals.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to Personal Data related to you, including exercising your choices or opt-out rights, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your EU Data Subject Rights
If EU data protection laws apply to the processing of the Personal Data related to you by Compete, then the following terms apply:
For the purpose of the Service:
- We are the data processor with respect to Personal Data related to you provided to us by our customers, and our customers are the data controllers. Compete’s data processing addendum (DPA), available here , applies to such processing.
- We are the data controller with respect to Personal Data related to you that you provide us as a User.
Where we process personal data related to you as a data controller, the processing is based on the following lawful grounds:
- All processing of Personal Data related to you which are not based on the lawful grounds indicated below, are based on your consent.
- We process your account and payment details to perform the contract with you.
- We will process Personal Data related to you to comply with a legal obligation and to protect your and others’ vital interests.
- We will further rely on our legitimate interests, which we believe are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms, for the following purposes:
- Communications with you, including direct marketing where you are our client or a user of our client, or where you contact us through our website and other digital assets.
- Cyber security.
- Support, customer relations, service operations
- Enhancements and improvements to the user experience of our services, and for training of our personnel.
- Fraud detection and misuse of the Service and Website.
In addition to your rights under other sections in this policy, you have the following rights:
- At any time, contact us if you want to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data related to you. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Request to delete or restrict access to personal data related to you. We will review your request and use our judgment, pursuant to the provisions of applicable law, to reach a decision about your request.
- If you exercise one (or more) of the above-mentioned rights, in accordance with the provisions of applicable law, you may request to be informed that third parties that hold personal data related to you, in accordance with this policy, will act accordingly.
- You may ask to transfer personal data related to you in accordance with your right to data portability.
- You may object to the processing of personal data related to you for direct marketing purposes. Additional information about this right is available under the Choice section in this policy.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affecting you.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the GDPR.
A summary and further details about your rights under EU data protection laws, is available on the EU Commission’s website available here.
Note that when you send us a request to exercise your rights, we will need to reasonably authenticate your identity and location. We will ask you to provide us credentials to make sure that you are who you claim to be and will further ask you questions to understand the nature and scope of your request.
If we need to delete personal data related to you following your request, it will take some time until we completely delete residual copies of personal data related to you from our active servers and from our backup systems.
If you have any concerns about the way we process personal data related to you, you are welcome to contact our privacy team at: email@example.com. We will look into your inquiry and make good-faith efforts to respond promptly.
Your Privacy Rights Under Israeli Law
If you are from Israel, we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process the Personal Data described above with your consent where required by applicable law. If you do not wish to provide us with any Personal Data which is indicated as compulsory, however not required by law, we may not be able to communicate with you or provide certain services or features to you.
Rights of the Data Subjects in Israel. The PPL grants you the following rights with respect to Personal Data related to you:
- Right of access. At any time, you can contact us and request to access the personal information that we keep about you. We will ask you to provide certain credentials to verify your identity. If required under the PPL, and no exemption applies, we will make good-faith efforts to locate and provide you with a copy (which may be a digital copy) of personal information related to you that you request and that resides on our information systems. In responding to your request, we will apply limitations available under applicable law, for example to protect our trade secrets and confidential information and to protect the privacy of others.
- Right of rectification, update or delete. If you find that personal information related to you is inaccurate, incomplete, or not up to date, please provide us the necessary information to correct it. In such case, you are also entitled to request the deletion of said personal information.
- Opt-out of mailing lists. At any time, you may opt out of our mailing lists, or request that personal information related to you will not be shared with our affiliates or with our third-party providers. It may take time for your opt-out request to take effect.
- Complaints. If your exercise of these rights is denied or not fulfilled within the deadlines for reasons not justified in accordance with the PPL, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Privacy Protection Authority or to appeal against such decision in a court.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights in relation to Personal Data related to you, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data Retention
We retain different types of Personal Data related to you for different periods, depending on the purposes for processing the information, our legitimate business purposes, and pursuant to legal requirements under applicable law.
We will maintain your contact details, to help us stay in contact with you. At any time, you can contact our privacy team at: email@example.com and request to delete your contact details. Note that we may keep your details without using them if necessary, and for the necessary period of time, for legal requirements and proceedings.
Transfer of Data Outside Your Territory
The Service is a web-based service. We store and process information, including Personal Data, either directly or using third parties, such as data hosting service providers, in the United States and in the EU. Compete has data centers in the United States and in Frankfurt, and as a Customer you will have the option to choose where your data will be stored and processed. The laws of these territories may differ from the laws of the jurisdiction in which you live.
If you are a resident in a jurisdiction where transfer of Personal Data related to you to another jurisdiction requires your consent, then you provide us your express and unambiguous consent to such transfer.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), note that we will transfer personal data related to you to other jurisdictions, which are not deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection. In such case, we will use appropriate safeguards, in particular, by way of entering into the European Union (EU) Standard Contractual Clauses as amended from time to time with the relevant recipients, or by adhering to equivalent data transfer regulations to protect the security and confidentiality of such personal data. You can obtain a copy of the suitable safeguards that we use when transferring personal data as described above or receive further information about data transfer by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compete is committed to ensuring the security of Personal Data. We and our hosting services implement systems, applications, and procedures to secure Personal Data related to you, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. These measures provide sound industry standard security.
However, please understand that no security system is impenetrable, and although we make efforts to protect your privacy we cannot guarantee that the Service will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
We do periodical assessments of our data processing and privacy practices, to make sure that we comply with this policy, to update the policy when we believe that we need to, and to verify that we display the policy properly and in an accessible manner. If you have any concerns about the way we process Personal Data related to you, you are welcome to contact our privacy team at: email@example.com, or write to us.
We will look into your query and make good-faith efforts to resolve any existing or potential dispute with you.
From time to time, we will update this policy. If the updates have minor if any consequences, they will take effect 14 days after we post a notice on the Website. Substantial changes will be effective 30 days after we initially posted the notice.
Until the new policy takes effect, if it materially reduces the protection of your privacy right under the then-existing policy you can choose not to accept it and terminate your use of the Service. Continuing to use the Service after the new policy takes effect means that you agree to the new policy. Note that if we need to adapt the policy to legal requirements, the new policy will become effective immediately or as required by law.
Please contact our Privacy Compliance Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.